Friday, November 4, 2011

The Real Mater

I've noted this truck on my travels to and from work in the past few days, and it had such a distinct character that I stopped and snapped a couple of pictures.  It's eyes seemed to beckon!

Backlit in the early morning light.
Grinning in the late afternoon lighting.




Old 
vehicles 
have 
such 
char-
acter.
little 
bit 
of 
rust 
and 
few 
wrinkles   makes 
everyone more 
interesting, 
right
?







And now I remember why it caught my attention, right down to the duel back wheels! It's the real Mater from CARS.

The Daily Quest

This is a new daily feature on The Musical Gardener blog. Below is a question, or puzzle that will change day by day. Do not use the comment section of the blog for your answer.

Answer to Yesterday's Puzzle:  a) Brassica - Cabbage

Today's Puzzle:
Silhouettes


What is the above picture a silhouette of?  This is one of the cards from a board game of visual trivia that I developed years ago.  Perhaps some day I'll blog on that experience, or lack of.

Please respond with your answer to the email below. I apologize but you will have to type my email address in manually (I'm attempting to avoid spammers).
Don't forget my ongoing contest - Musical Gardener Contest
 
And that is about all I have to say for today.

Musings and meandering from the Musical Gardener.

6 comments:

  1. What a lovely old truck, I could see myself driving around town in it :)
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to laugh a your 'redneck' Mater. He happens to be the favorite "CAR" of my youngest grandson who recently turned 2.

    God bless ya man, and have a wonderful weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the truck! What a picture. I hope it still runs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These old vehicles have aahistory and a story to tell. Used to use a picture like this for middle school language arts. Boys in particular would goble this one up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome truck, but I'll need more caffeine before I can figure out the puzzle...

    ReplyDelete

Much appreciated comments from my friends: