Monday, November 28, 2011

First Christmas Concert Of The Season

To top off a busy weekend, my choir, Melodia Monday performed in a combined concert last night at the Caintown Presbyterian church, with the Caintown Ladies Choir and guests.

The Caintown Ladies
It was a very pleasant evening, and the first time we have performed most of the material we have been preparing all fall.  It was a rough rehearsal prior to the concert, but most of the bugs seemed to have fled by the time we performed before a full house.  And of course as with any good church gathering of this nature, there was a bountiful table of goodies in their fellowship hall, once the concert came to a close.

All in all, a very pleasant way to commence the holiday season.

Melodia Monday




Choir Master Doug putting us through our paces.





The Daily Quest

This is a new daily feature on The Musical Gardener blog. Below is a question, or puzzle that will change day by day. Do not use the comment section of the blog for your answer.

Answer to Yesterday's Puzzle:  c)  prophecy

Today's Puzzle:
Whose The Imposter?
 
Which word does not belong?

a) defeat
b) hijack
c) stutter
d) trigger
 
Please respond with your answer to the email below. I apologize but you will have to type my email address in manually (I'm attempting to avoid spammers).
Don't forget my Musical Gardener Contest
 
And that is about all I have to say for today.

Musings and meanderings from the Musical Gardener.

3 comments:

  1. Just rejoined the choir myself for Christmas. I sing tenor with the men. My husband is a bass. I go to the rehearsals and he comes on Sunday morning to the rehearsal beforehand and then sings with us. He's a music major (tuba) and now sings with a barbershop quartet. He helps me with my part.

    Maybe when Sarah comes home she will want to sing with the choir so I'll have company on Monday nights for rehearsals.

    Was your performance well attended?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like it would be a great choir to hear.

    ReplyDelete

Much appreciated comments from my friends: