Saturday, November 19, 2011

Joseph And The Technicolour Dreamcoat

Last night was opening night of Joseph.  Let me tell you, it has been one frantic week, what with dress rehearsals and extra rehearsals, and bludgeoning lyrics into tired old brains.  Miracle of miracles, we pretty much have it down - too bad we hadn't been at this point a couple of weeks back.

Anyway I think it was a decent performance.  We performed to a sold out audience of about 280 patrons.  My little solo "Do you remember those good years in Canaan?......" even went reasonably well, although my fake French accent could use more than a little work. As promised Joseph and the Narrator pulled us through in fine form.  Pharaoh also drew a huge amount of applause from the Elvis era audience.

Joseph with his Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat


Yours Truly "Do you remember those good years in Canaan?"
Couple of my wailin bro's
The ladies ensemble, Mary wake up!

Joseph and the Narrator
You hairy bunch of Ishmalites.
Joseph being lead off to Egypt
The brothers and the shredded goat.
Potifar's wife
One of the fearsome guards
Pharaoh wails his dream to Joseph
Joseph's response
The brethren
Curtain calls

Most of the cast.

The Daily Quest

This is a new daily feature on The Musical Gardener blog. Below is a question, or puzzle that will change day by day. Do not use the comment section of the blog for your answer.

Answer to Yesterday's Puzzle: Live Bait (the rest all had metals in them - gold, lead and iron)

Today's Puzzle:
Whatzit
What is this object?







Please respond with your answer to the email below. I apologize but you will have to type my email address in manually (I'm attempting to avoid spammers).
Don't forget my Musical Gardener Contest
 
And that is about all I have to say for today.

Musings and meanderings from the Musical Gardener.

7 comments:

  1. I love the hairdos of the Ishmalites and Potifar's wife. The camels are something else, too. Looks like it was lots of fun and I'm sure the audience really appreciated it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like it was a blast. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds wonderful, Phil. I wish I could make it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. More people should be involved in productions like these. It' amazingly good for performers and the community.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great looking crew. I am impressed that your church did this wonderful musical.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOOh, looks like it was a awesome production!

    ReplyDelete

Much appreciated comments from my friends: