Sunday, November 6, 2011

Rusty Bits and Pieces

One of my readers liked my rustic photos a while back, so with that in mind I took the camera out and tried to capture all the old rusty items that adorn my gardens and outbuildings.  Rust does add a certain charm, and lichen munching away on rust is even better.

This was a functional two furrow plough a few short years ago.
Equine footware, unearthed in the Addison garden.
Not rusty, but well tarnished
Front wheel of a horse scuffler
A nifty handle on the above horse scuffler.

The Daily Quest

This is a new daily feature on The Musical Gardener blog. Below is a question, or puzzle that will change day by day. Do not use the comment section of the blog for your answer.

Answer to Yesterday's Puzzle:  A River

Today's Puzzle:
Spellit

Which is the correct spelling:

         a) cemetary

         b) cemetery
         c) sematary
         d) cematery


Please respond with your answer to the email below. I apologize but you will have to type my email address in manually (I'm attempting to avoid spammers).
Don't forget my Musical Gardener Contest
 
And that is about all I have to say for today.

Musings and meanderings from the Musical Gardener.

5 comments:

  1. I really like the image of the horse scuffler handle (but have to admit that I'll have to look-up "scuffler" after I post this comment)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to go look up "horse scuffler" too! SO many fascinating rusty things. We have a lot of cool rusty stuff in our barn that needs sorting out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fine collection of well-oxidised paraphenalia! They'd all look good with some flowers growing in and around them. Maybe next spring?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a milk separater you'd be proud of!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was wondering what you would post on once gardening was done. Nicely done by doing rusty things.

    ReplyDelete

Much appreciated comments from my friends: