Friday, November 25, 2011

Sweaters For Christmas

Don't forget my -  
 We're within days of the November draw

For the first few years of our married life, the Missus knit me a sweater/pullover each Christmas.  Of course that was back when sweaters were in style for men (remember the nineties with those big warm woolies).  She was always most creative in her designs, and although I knew there would be a new pullover under the tree, it was always a creative surprise Christmas morning.

Looking back, I'm not sure where she found the time, when I was not home, but I did work shift work at the point, so she must have kept those knitting needles spinning on the nights that I was gone.

It is kind of a shame, that these are not really in style anymore, but I thought as the yuletide season approaches I would show you some of her handiwork.  Christmas is a time of great nostalgia for me anyway, as you will see in the next few weeks.




The Daily Quest

Below is a question, or puzzle that will change day by day. Do not use the comment section of the blog for your answer.

Answer to Yesterday's Puzzle: a-2, b-4, c-1, d-3

Today's Puzzle:
Whatzit


 What word or phrase does this whatzit represent?

                                                                                                                                                    MARY

Please respond with your answer to the email below. I apologize but you will have to type my email address in manually (I'm attempting to avoid spammers).

 
And that is about all I have to say for today.

Musings and meanderings from the Musical Gardener.

3 comments:

  1. And she knits backwards . . . fast! I asked her why she knitted that way, and it was because she learned to knit watching Mom. She replicated the motion she saw from the vantage point of being in front.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are beautiful..she is very talented!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's a talented knitter! Love that Fair Isle. ANd it reminds me that I haven't knit my poor hubby a sweater in seven years. Time to get on that!

    ReplyDelete

Much appreciated comments from my friends: