Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Christmas Outside

We're not outdoor lights people.   Our Christmas decor outside is actually pretty minimal.  We did buy one string of solar lights for our conical blue juniper.  I tried to photograph them, but the lighting just didn't work (not the lights, the camera).

I think it has to do with working hard the rest of the year to make the great outdoors look nice, I just sort of lose momentum about Christmas time.  Anyway, here is what you will see if you drive by the house of the Musical Gardener.





Not This!

The Daily Quest

This is a new daily feature on The Musical Gardener blog. Below is a question, or puzzle that will change day by day. Do not use the comment section of the blog for your answer.

Answer to Yesterday's Puzzle: d) trigger (the rest all start with consecutive letters of the alphabet).

Today's Puzzle:
Mix and Match

Match the correct letters with the numbers (Carol/Composer):
a) Do You Hear What I Hear?                          1) Katherine K. Davis
b) Go Tell It On The Mountain                          2) Noel Regney
c) Good King Wencesles                                  3) John W. Work
d) Little Drummer Boy                                      4) John Mason Neale
Please respond with your answer to the email below. I apologize but you will have to type my email address in manually (I'm attempting to avoid spammers).
Don't forget my Musical Gardener Contest
 
And that is about all I have to say for today.

Musings and meanderings from the Musical Gardener.

8 comments:

  1. We don't do much outside either but its because there is no one to drive by to see it living so far off the road. My decorating is all inside where I can see it.

    That's a very attractive arrangement that you use for your heading on here now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simple but beautiful decorations. I like your look. I'm not fond of all that extravagant decorating that many people do. It looks too gaudy for my taste.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your decorations.

    I decorate the inside of our house and hubby decorates the outside. Have you seen Chevy Chase's Christmas Vacation movie? This year though, we replaced our lights with the LED, battery operated kind. They are all blue and white and are not so over-the-top. Our grandchildren, who are coming from CA for Christmas will love them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your decorations are great. I like the wreath and the Christmas balls hanging on it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks..now I feel guilty for not taking down my Scarecrows or my Thanksgiving flag. I like your decorations..simple but elegant! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The not-this one is gaudy and wasteful! Beautiful and simple = yes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, great stuff. When my daughter lived here she had all kinds of that stuff and guess who had to go all around the area to find it? I loved it though. Had to wait until Nov. to trim junipers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely beautiful. Sometimes, less really IS more.

    ReplyDelete

Much appreciated comments from my friends: