Friday, December 16, 2011

Christmas Candy Canes With Grade Ones

I had the pleasure of teaching Grade one last week.  The teacher gave me free rein to do an art project with them and here is what we came up with.  The class painted straight lines of red and green across the back of a template sheet (canes were drawn on the back) and then turned them over and cut the canes out.  Then they transferred them to a sheet of construction paper.  Kiddies had a lot of fun and it filled in a good portion of the day.  As well they learned about complimentary colours and practiced their fine motor skills.  That pretty much covers the curriculum for Grade one Art, so all in all a fine day.


******************************

The Daily Quest

This is a daily feature on The Musical Gardener blog. Below is a question, or puzzle that will change day by day. Do not use the comment section of the blog for your answer.

Answer to Yesterday's Puzzle:  a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush

Today's Puzzle:

Descramblers

Let's pick a Christmas theme.  What words are represented by the following scramble-ups?



rolac
 
hertaw
 
lange

ytvianti



Please respond with your answer to the email below. I apologize but you will have to type my email address in manually (I'm attempting to avoid spammers).
Don't forget my Musical Gardener Contest
 
And that is about all I have to say for today.

Musings and meanderings from the Musical Gardener.

4 comments:

  1. What a fun project and what a fun age. I taught 4th graders for 10 years and liked that age group better than the younger ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. they love to cut things out at that age..great project! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I was a little guy doing this it would knock my socks off. Great project with little kids....maybe en some old ones too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That must have been a ton of fun!

    ReplyDelete

Much appreciated comments from my friends: