Wednesday, September 14, 2011

More In The Vegetable Garden

This blog should have been published a couple of weeks back, but as you know, I am the King of Procrastination.  It's one of those blogs that I've had on the back burner (read as about page four of my 'edit posts).  I just keep adding photos as I take them off the camera, and somehow forget to get around to writing and posting.

Fennel - first time we've tried it - great stuff, a definite keeper.  Love the anise/licorice flavour
This little pie pumpkin is actually bright orange now.

Sweet Mama Buttercup Squash

Cylindra beets - they don't go woody like the globe varieties.

Lots of pickling cucs - too far past for pickles
Baby Golden Hubbard squash

Another Sweet Mama squash.
Nantes Corelss - carrots are great this year - obviously appreciated the manure last spring.

Packmaster Slicing Cucumbers
Another photo of said pumpkin a week or two later.

















And that is about all I have to say for today.

Musings and meanderings from the Musical Gardener.

3 comments:

  1. I understand procrastination. I have about 15 posts partially done, waiting for a picture or a brilliant idea to finish them off. They are my limbo collection.

    Looks like you are having a good harvest. So how much does the pumpking weigh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a lot of good eating there in your photos. I don't wish creeping Charlie on anyone but I have it way out of control. I see it lives in Canada too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just went and checked 33 posts in progress - I need to finish things that I start. Mind you several of those will probably never see the light of day - maybe only a title or a picture, or an idea that I have either improved upon in a different blog, or discarded entirely. I need to do some housekeeping!

    Pumpkin is just a pie pumpkin, probably 6-8 lbs.

    Yes creeping charlie thrives here in Canada as well as most other noxious weeds. We just toughen them up a bit in the winter, and make them hardier and thriftier.

    ReplyDelete

Much appreciated comments from my friends: