Tuesday, September 27, 2011

The Hundred Acre Wood

If you go down in the woods today,
You're sure of a big surprise
It's lovely down in the woods today
You'd better go in disguise

Well I saw neither Pooh, piglet or any tired teddy bears, but I did go for a tramp through many acres of woods yesterday.  Trespassing we will go, trespassing we will go, High ho the derry oh.............

A beautiful shaggy barked yellow birch, along the trail

Don't you want to know where it goes?

Actually the day could only be described as absolutely splendiferous.  I taught a wonderful Grade IV class in the morning, then headed home to enjoy the afternoon.  Armed only with my camera, I headed out through the bush trails to the east of our property.
Through the woods, to grandmother's house we go.....

Some bright colour from Jack-In-The-Pulpit seedhead.
Following the hydro line.
Gleanings left at the edge of the field.

Is milkweed fluff similar to cotton bolls?
Wild clematis - wish I had discovered it in flower.
What an utterly magnificent day, and so glad I had an opportunity to enjoy it.

And that is about all I have to say for today.

Musings and meanderings from the Musical Gardener.

6 comments:

  1. We have lots of exploding milkweed pods along the cow lane that runs through our fields. Every time I walk down there, I grab handfuls of fluff and spread it far and wide.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Send some of that weather south east to me. I'm tired of gray rain humidity days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those clematis seed heads! And the jack-in-the-pulpit seedhead is gorgeous. Amazing the things you see when you're looking closely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pictures! Clematis--I had some of the wild stuff mixed in with my purple perennial, and at first I let it bloom because it was so pretty...until the next year when it seeded all over the place! I was ripping it out for two seasons after that, trying to get rid of it.

    Angela @ The Bookshelf Muse

    ReplyDelete

Much appreciated comments from my friends: