Friday, April 1, 2011

April First - A Celebration for Pranksters

Our local newspaper has a reputation for coming up with some great ideas for April Fool's Day.  I'm wondering what they will do to top some of the ones they have done in the past.

About three years ago they ran an article about a small whale being beached on the shores of our fair city.  Most of us caught on fairly quickly, but there were the amazed few, who wondered how the little fellow had made it all the way up the St Lawrence River from the Atlantic.


But their best one to date, was the announcement that Margaret Trudeau (former wife of our Prime Minister of many years, Pierre Elliot Trudeau) was to be acclaimed as our Member of Parliament for our riding.  Now whilst Pierre Trudeau, will go down in the annals of history, as a charismatic leader of the peoples of Canada, his wife has a less stellar claim to fame - namely running off to become a Rolling Stones groupie, and having her name attached to various other Lotharios of her day.

The good people of the city were enraged.  How could the Liberal party have done something so disgusting -- and then they realized they had been duped.  Good one, R & T!

Now on a different note altogether.  I'm pretty pumped.  I just got notification yesterday, that I, yes me, oui moi, has been nominated for a Classy Blogger Award - who'd have thunk it?  And here I thought all along that I didn't have much of a following, but I guess you never know who the lurkers are.

And that is about all I have to say for today.

Musings and meanderings from the Musical Gardener.

2 comments:

Much appreciated comments from my friends: