Thursday, April 28, 2011

A Spring Evening


Last night I cut some of the lawn for the first time this season.  Not much of the lawn needed a trim, but the south slope in front of the house and along the back of the perennial bed, were beginning to look a little shaggy.  I must check back and see how this compares over the years for the first cut of the year.  I have a feeling it may be a bit later than usual because of all our wet, cool weather of late.

Early Darwins

Love the Rembrants!

As I was cutting I was enjoying the next round of flowers starting to make their appearances.  As promised I took the camera out to capture a few more.  Everything is so fresh, no spent flowers and the greenery is so      ........ green!

I know they are just weeds, but they are very pretty weeds!

I need to get tackling some of my clients' gardens as well as my own.  This time of year is just too hectic.  But I have vowed to take the time to stop and smell the roses along the way too.  If nothing else, this blog forces me to get out with the camera, and capture some of the floral journey -- maybe I'll have more time to enjoy looking back over the blog later on.



Wow, the heat really turned on yesterday afternoon.  I felt my classroom heating up as the day progressed -- grade six yesterday.  Rather a nice group, except for three lads with zero respect for anything, including themselves.  I had outdoor duty and a phys-ed period in the afternoon, and to say the least, I was overdressed.  Why is it that the required reflective vest offers no warmth in the winter when you might like it, but feels like a wool coat this time of year?  And of course I forgot to wear a hat, so my little bald pate was looking tomatoish last night.

The forsythia usually winterkills, but not this year.

Tamarack, one of my fav's.

A few days of this and the leaves will be popping and the whole lawn will need a going over.












And that is about all I have to say for today.

Musings and meanderings from the Musical Gardener.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Much appreciated comments from my friends: