Thursday, April 14, 2011

Some Good Little Maxims To Live By

I often get little emails with long lists of fun, witty, pithy tidbits of wisdom to live by.  I usually read them through, think to myself, gee I wish I had written that, or "that's a good one, I must remember it."


Today I was sitting in a little office waiting to start my day and the teacher had posted a list of just such little gems.  Maybe I was just in the right frame of mind, but I thought they were worth sharing.  So I spent the better part of my prep period later, writing them all down.

1.  Life isn't fair, but it's still good.
2. When in doubt, just take the next small step.
3. Don't take yourself too seriously, no one else does.
4. Pay off your credit cards each month.
5. It's okay to be angry with God -- he can take it.
6. Save for retirement with your first pay cheque.
7. When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.
8. Make peace with your past, so it won't screw up you present.
9. Don't compare you life with others.  You have know idea what their journey is all about.
10. If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn't be in it.
11. Take a deep breath, it calms the mind.
12. Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful.
13. Whatever doesn't kill makes you stronger.
14. It's never too late to have a happy childhood.  The second one is up to you and no one else.
15. Over prepare and then go with the flow.
16. Be eccentric now.  Don't wait for old age to wear purple.
17. No one is in charge of your happiness, except you.
18. Frame every so-called disaster with these words, "In five years will this matter?"
19. What other people think of you is none of your business.
20. Don't audit life.  Show up and make the most of it now.
21. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young.
22. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
23. Your children get only one childhood -- make it memorable.
24. Get outside everyday.  Miracles are waiting everywhere.
25. If we threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab our own back.
26. The best is yet to come.
27. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
28. Life isn't tied with a bow, but it is still a gift.


If you learn from your suffering and really come to understand the lesson you were taught, you might be able to help someone else who's now in the phase you may have just completed.  Maybe that's what it's all about after all.  Anonymous.

I don't think I have to add much to that do I?

And that is about all I have to say for today.

Musings and meanderings from the Musical Gardener.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Much appreciated comments from my friends: