Wednesday, April 13, 2011

We Have An Offer!

We have an offer!  I can hardly believe it.  I just got off the phone with our agent and she emailed us the offer.  Full price, with only the usual conditions -- building inspection, septic pumping and water sample.

I blogged earlier that we were going to sell our rental house and try and reduce some of the stresses in our lives.  This will certainly be a huge loose end tied up if all goes according to plan.

The missus was teaching, so I didn't have my regular side-kick for doing renovations. So last night my youngest and I spent the evening at the rental house working.  We were kind of on a deadline, as the house had already been listed.  Also there was a showing at 5:30.  We got there and a car was already sitting in the driveway.  Fortunately the agent was actually happy we were there, because we were able to answer several questions that arose. 

We've been at the mercy of contractors.  The mold removal company, finally got in on Monday and removed the bits of drywall that were contaminated from the former tenants stuff piled in the closet.  So this is what we began with last night.



And this.


My wife had estimated one sheet of drywall would be sufficient.  So that is what I purchased.  She was very accurate.  I had about a square foot left over. 

So young lassie and I tackled cutting and placing the drywall.  While I taped and mudded, she started cutting the paint around the room (painting corners and along the ceiling and baseboards). 

Then we both got the rollers out and proceeded to cover the walls (all but the freshly mudded areas).  To round the night out we rolled the floor, just to seal any cat pee stains that were left.

It was a great evening - I wouldn't normally probably have felt that way, but it was wonderful to work with my daughter, to just spend time, the two of us.  She sang the whole evening - flipping from one song to the next.  It was work she hadn't done much before, so she found it quite enjoyable, which was a bit of a surprise to me. 

On the way home I remarked that this would probably be one of those evenings that would stick out in my mind.  "Remember the evening we spent fixing drywall and painting the rental house?"  And that was when she tapped me on the shoulder and said those so memorable words, "I love you Daddy."


Two fashionistas.

And that is about all I have to say for today.

Musings and meanderings from the Musical Gardener.

1 comment:

  1. Amazing where beautiful memories can be made, if you just keep your eyes open for them! :) COngrats on selling, too.

    ReplyDelete

Much appreciated comments from my friends: