Saturday, August 27, 2011

Mother Nature's Harvest

There seems to be an abundance of fruit, both wild and cultivated around this summer.  On my walk the other morning I snapped the following.  Some I'm not even sure what the species are.  Clue me in if you have ideas.

Elderberries

The Mac tree in my back yard - ignore scabs and worm holes - it is organic.
Deadly nightshade - not edible, but quite attractive just the same.

Horse chestnut?  Walnut?  Not sure which.
Wild asparagas gone to seed.

Wild grapes - pucker up!
High bush cranberries
Not sure - almost an electric blue colour.

Again, not sure - no they are not grapes, but it is like a grape vine somewhat.




And that is about all I have to say for today.

Musings and meanderings from the Musical Gardener.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Much appreciated comments from my friends: