Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Gladioli

Glads have been one of my favourite flowers since I was a wee lad.  I can't say I am all that successful with them though.  I seem to run into thrips far too often, and this year appears to be a banner year for the little sap-sucking buggers.

However, rather than dwell on the negative side of glads (heaven knows there is enough negativity in the world these past couple days -- just makes me want to crawl into a hole and pull the hole in after me) I thought I would show you some of my healthier specimens.


















And that is about all I have to say for today.

Musings and meanderings from the Musical Gardener.

1 comment:

  1. Your glads are beautiful. I haven't grown any for years, but when I did, they always ended up so top-heavy, I had to tie them to stakes to keep them from falling over. Yours look like they're standing nice and tall without stakes. (Your thumb must be much greener than mine!)

    ReplyDelete

Much appreciated comments from my friends: