Friday, August 12, 2011

Fields of Gold

Out behind our property lies a field that is usually cropped in corn, but this year the rotation must have called for wheat. Wheat has so much more romance to it, corn is just......soulless.

I've been waiting patiently for the grain to ripen, and I think it is about there.  My apologies to my blogging buddy Knatolee, as her blog yesterday was pretty eerily the same topic.  I had this photographed and written on Monday, and it was almost my post yesterday, so I have to assume that great minds think alike ........ and we'll leave the rest of that phrase to the wind.



Here is the waving gold, along with one of my favourite Youtube finds that I've been waiting to share with you.


Enjoy!  And isn't that a golden voice?

And that is about all I have to say for today.

Musings and meanderings from the Musical Gardener.

1 comment:

Much appreciated comments from my friends: