Sunday, June 26, 2011

What's Bloomin' Today

There is a bit of a lull in the perennials for full-on colour at the moment.  However as I took my camera about with me, there are some beautiful individual specimens.  I thought I would share these with you, as my blog for the day.

First of the Asiatic Lilies
Conjuration - the final bloom in the iris bed
How many true sky blue flowers can you name?
The one and only calla blossom.
First Red Hot Poker
I know they are spent allium, but they still have charm.
Red Gallardia - one of my new favourite season extending perennials
Smoke bush
First Cleome blossom
Maltese Cross - an atypical colour for this season in the perennial bed.

Perennial Sweet Pea





And that is about all I have to say for today.

Musings and meanderings from the Musical Gardener.

1 comment:

Much appreciated comments from my friends: