Monday, May 16, 2011

A Wet Weekend

Well it was a bit of a wash for the weekend, I must say.  A wash, quite literally.  What follows two days of rain -- Monday -- but in this case, the forecasters are saying four or five more days of rain.  It is certainly a wet spring.  I'm not complaining though, I'd far rather have it wet than dry.  I know the farmers are having issues getting their cereal crops in, and I hate to hear the stories of people's homes flooding, across the country.

A few short minutes ago it was Friday - what happened?  I blogged about it being a musical weekend for yours truly, and that was basically what it was.  Our choir, Melodia Monday performed the two concerts as mentioned.  All went well, with good attendance and reception.  One more concert in two weeks and we end our season until next fall.


I didn't accomplish much in the garden -- not what I had hoped anyway, as the drizzle never really let up.  I did get one more load of manure, and spread it, but I was soaked after that little endeavour.  The missus and I spent a few hours in the greenhouse, potting up the wave petunias into baskets -- yes I am well aware this should have been done a few weeks back!  Anyway they seemed to have been growing well in their 4" pots.  The expanded room in the baskets, should give them reason to burst forth.  I think we did 27 baskets for our place, so it should be colourful this summer.

No not mine, but you get the idea.

And that is about all I have to say for today.

Musings and meanderings from the Musical Gardener.

2 comments:

  1. We are having the same weather, but also having a few hours of very humid sunny intervals every day. It gives me time to get some of my baskets done. I have been doing quite a few flower balls by taking those coco fiber fillers, cutting out x's around them, sticking plants in the holes, then dirt and connecting two together with wire to form a ball. I did a few last year (after seeing it in Home and Garden) and they turned out really well. This year I am kind of overdoing them and am running out of places to hang these creations. I will probably give some away to my children. It is fun doing them though and when they grow out, they are very showy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an interesting idea. Can you post pictures at some point, I'd like to see them.

    ReplyDelete

Much appreciated comments from my friends: