Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Happy Birthday My Love

Happy Birthday to my Sweetheart.  I can't tell you just which one (I mean birthday, not sweetheart!), but I can hint that next year will be a big one.  For the next six months we are the same age.

A few years ago!

We're not a family, big into birthday celebrations.  It's kind of, okay, another year older, possibly wiser, and hopefully not any deeper in debt.  I guess that probably wouldn't work as lyrics to a country song.

I probably should bake a cake, but of course such caloric efforts are no longer welcome in our nutritionally conscious household, besides Wednesdays are sort of a write off for both of us.  So hopefully this weekend we can go out together, just the two of us and celebrate another milestone.

To my dear girl.  I hope 2011 is a good year for both you and us.  We've been through a bit of a wringer-washer in the past couple years, and you deserve some good times.  Thank you for being my constant, my support, and the best companion any man could want over the rough times and the good times.


I've got to quote somebody who said it much better than I can (thanks Mr. Hallmark) :

Thinking back on our life
we've had our share of good times
We've seen some tough times too....
Days when just knowing we had each other
made all the difference.

I know that as long
as you're beside me,
I have everything I need
to be happy

And as much as I love
the memories we've made,
I'm looking forward 
to making new ones even more.














And that is about all I have to say for today.

Musings and meanderings from the Musical Gardener

1 comment:

Much appreciated comments from my friends: