Thursday, March 10, 2011

Another Snow Day

Well it appears we have been gifted with another 'Snow' Day at school.  I'm feeling pretty fortunate, to actually get paid for a day and not have to teach.  This is the second one we've had inside of two weeks, so I'm thinking my principal will probably give me some responsibility to look after the children who do walk to school.  But it will be a welcome break from my Grade 7's (none of whom will venture out, I'm quite certain).


Now it does put me a bit behind the eightball, as far as the musical end of business.   This was to have been our second last week of practice before the Lions Music Festival competition.  The kids and the teacher I'm replacing are both very set on getting the Gold Medal Shield for the district.  Unfortunately, Thursday is our music slot.   Perhaps I may be able to swing something on Friday morning, but that will require some careful skating with the other teachers and scheduling.

I got myself up early, blew the snow out of the driveway, so the bus wouldn't get stuck.  That was kind of a worthless effort, especially since it is supposed to rain most of the day now.




 Hopefully I will get some planning time in today.  It would be nice to have a week or two done ahead of me.  I have been too much fly by the seat of my pants over the past few weeks.  But it's kind of a shame I spent extra time at school last night, and all that time, prepping a unit test for Math at home.



http://jonbirch.files.wordpress.com/2007/01/administration.gif

And that is about all I have to say for today.

Musings and meanderings from the Musical Gardener.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Much appreciated comments from my friends: