Friday, February 11, 2011

Off To The Slopes

I'm not a skier by any means.  My down-hill experience amounts to once, and cross country I could probably count on my fingers.  It's just not something I have much interest in.

However, yours truly is off to the slopes today as a supply teacher/chaperone to 30 plus intermediate children.  It will be a two hour bus ride there and back.  My intentions this morning are to sleep, as I suspect some of the class may too -- am I a dreamer?

It's not my intent to strap on a pair of skiis.  Because I am in a casual position I don't like to put myself at risk of a disabling injury.  After all if I don't work I don't get paid.  So I am taking along a book, a notepad and hope to enjoy the slopes from within the pleasant confines of the chalet.  Hopefully I will get a few hours to read and write.  I will fill you in on the details when I return tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Much appreciated comments from my friends: